Hey everyone, long time... Again... Seems like every time I sit down and write a damned journal its been a long time since the last one... Oh well. So not a whole lot, just thought I do a little update. I'm now a Father of 2! Got my son Eliáš and he now has a little sister Mischa. That's about all I got for the personals... On to the main event.
So it has come to my attention that a fellow Deviant is in need of our help. Being that I'm not in the position to help in any monetary sort of well I've elected my services in order to benefit a fellow human being. And do you really need to have an excuse to help people in need? So here it is...For a limited time, YOU can receive an exclusive, one of a kind, Mtn. Man black and white Inking!
With your charitable contribution of $50 or more to the fundraiser below, you can grab up a one of a kind inking done up to your specification. Act now while supplies last, only 3 of 5 remaining!
And this is the original post from ~FelixNeko
's best friend.
Some of you may have already heard, but on March 7th, Ravyn had a nasty fall and broke her hip. She's already had to undergo urgent and painful surgery to fix the damage, and now has a long and painful road to recovery ahead of her. She's also going to need ongoing physiotherapy.
As many of you know, Ravyn volunteers to fight human trafficking (among many other things), and is self employed as a writer and also has tables at cons. She doesn't have health insurance.
We all met Ravyn different ways. Some of you are her fans, some her friends. Some of you are artists and writers yourselves who she has helped in the past.
I think we can all agree that Ravyn is an amazingly kind, lovely, wonderful and selfless person. When she hasn't been fighting for her life, she has been helping others.
I've known Ravyn for over ten years now, and she has been a constant, positive influence in my life. She's my whole world and she's made so many sacrifices just to make me happy.
This time, my friends, she needs us. It's our turn to help her, and get her through this horrible event. It's our turn to pay her back for all the kindness that she has shown us all in the past.
What I need from you:
I am starting an IndieGoGo fundraising campaign to help cover her medical bills, raise awareness about her book and the wonderful work that she does.
I want to have donation rewards at $25, $50 and $100, to help encourage people to donate just a little bit more.
1) If you are an artist, and would be willing to do some free commissions for this to help Ravyn. This would help so much and really help get some more donations. If you think you can do this, please get in contact with me ASAP.
2) I'm trying to make a video that will help tell people about the wonderful person Ravyn is without them having to read a wall of text. For this, I'd really like as many of you as possible to record a short audio clip for it. This could be a short message about how you met Ravyn and the effect she has had on your life. Or it could be a short message on why you think people should donate to help her. Or it could even be something interesting about Ravyn you want people considering helping her to know.
3) I need more ideas for donation rewards. Please thing of ANYTHING you can do, no matter how small or how large a donation you think deserves such a gift, and get in contact with me as soon as you can.
4) If you can't or don't know how to help, and none of the ways above seems possible. PLEASE forward the fundraiser pages to everyone you know. Post them on any forums you can think of. Tweet it on twitter, ask for ReTweets if you can! Every single extra person we get to see this helps!
5) As well as any of the above requests, please send Ravyn your well wishes and kind messages. More now than ever she needs to be reminded she is surrounded by friends, fans and family. Please contact me for postal or hospital details if you want to send get well cards or gifts.
Update: I'm really not pleased with the current main image for the campaign page. Anyone that has any ideas or thinks they can do better, please let
Check out the IndieGoGo campaign out here: IndieGoGo